gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] ✘ Unchanging lat/lon/alt/time error estimat

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] ✘ Unchanging lat/lon/alt/time error estimates
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 13:57:26 -0800

Yo Hal!

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 13:41:55 -0800
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> address@hidden said:
> > Also,,, most of the regressions are short snippets and to see this
> > problem you need maybe a few minutes of data with a changing
> > skyview.
>
> Should we collect one sample that is long enough to show things
> changing?

I added a UBX sample that is long enough.  All the others I could test
were long enough (NMEA 183, SiRF).  That still leaves a lot I can not
test.

> Do we need several minutes, or just a few seconds that straddles a
> change?

You just need two changes of a sentence with SATEELLITE_IS set.  That
may take 10 seconds, it may take a lot longer.

I guess I'll dig out an old Garmin to try.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588