gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Bernd's CheckFunc Fix

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Bernd's CheckFunc Fix
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:54:10 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> On 01/25/2017 07:50 AM, Fred Wright wrote:
> > Interestingly enough, on Fedora 25, forcing C++98 just traded one set of
> > problems for another, creating a whole bunch of errors compiling some
> > Qt-related headers.  However, after fixing the C++11 issues, it builds
> > fine with Qt using the default C++11 mode.
> >
> > It still builds on Travis in the current C++98 mode, but I don't know if
> > there would be similar issues with the Qt headers in C++11 mode.
>
> If you want to know such things, just modify .travis.build.
> You could also push your own gpsd repo to github and enable travis-ci
> for it, then you can play around as much as you want.

I might look into that at some point.  A more generally useful setup would
be to have a testing branch in the main repo.  That would provide a place
to push questionable changes, without screwing up master.  It might also
be declared fair game for force pushing.

> I've removed the C++98 stuff from .travis.build, if you check travivis
> in a few minutes, you'll see the result.

Yeah, that worked.  I considered trying that myself, but wanted to wait
for your comment.

Getting back to the original subject of this thread, I rereverted the
CheckFunc patch, and Travis is still happy.

Fred Wright