gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘reset "Support UBX NAV-PVT" commit 22a020ec1c2bc85eff68

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘reset "Support UBX NAV-PVT" commit 22a020ec1c2bc85eff681ecacc6d2bb79fdddc9c
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 23:40:33 -0400

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden said:
> > I'm back after a rough August volunteering on ther projects.  I updated my
> > RasPi servers and the PPS started going flakey on my uBlox.  Flipping from
> > 0.0 offset to -1.0 offset, and back, every few minutes.
>
> I have a setup where the PPS is off by a second.  I've mentioned it before,
> but nobody seemed interested in fixing it.  The problem was NMEA stuff
> overflowing the second boundary, or something like that.

I've seen overflow this at 4800bps.  The fix for that is simple: don't
bang the bits that slowly! :-)  9600 normally suffices, but IIRC the
MT3339 ships some odd long centences - I suppose it's possible ome
might haver to jump to the nect higher speed..

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.