gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘reset "Support UBX NAV-PVT" commit 22a020ec1c2bc85eff68

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘reset "Support UBX NAV-PVT" commit 22a020ec1c2bc85eff681ecacc6d2bb79fdddc9c
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 00:53:38 -0700

address@hidden said:
> One you do add it up, you'll see that it just does not fit in the time
> allotted.

I did add it up.  It does fit.

Let me try again.  There are 5 types of sentences.  Each second has 1 each
except for GPGSV which has 3.  So there are 7 sentences each second.  Back of
envelope.  7 sentences times 100 bytes per sentence times 10 bits per byte.
That 7000 bits, well below 9600.  (The 100 bytes/sentence is way high.)

> Well, without a time frame not useful.

I sent a typical sample a few messages ago.  It had time stamps.  Would you
like more?

I just put a scope on it.

PPS pulse is 4 ms wide.
Serial port is active for about 1/2 second, idle for the other half.

The serial stuff starts about the same time as the PPS.  Sometimes it's a few
ms before the PPS.  Earliest I've seen is 7 ms before PPS.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.