gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Minimum working example for libgps

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Minimum working example for libgps
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 15:50:24 -0400

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden said:
> > The problem is that your sensor only reports at 1-second intervals.
>
> Some of the devices advertise 10 per second updates.  Is that real (noisy)
> data, or just interpolating based on the velocity?

I think it's real.  The one-second interval on consumer devices seems to
have more to do with the time required to ship an NMEA report at historical
speeds than anything else. In principle, if you have enough processing power,
you can generate fixes within epsilon of collecting a set of pseudoranges.