gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Minimum working example for libgps

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Minimum working example for libgps
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 12:17:24 -0800

Yo Hal!

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 21:01:50 -0800
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> A "main loop" makes sense if you have a typical GUI program.

Or any long lasting program.  The program has to be looping/sleeping
somewhere to be ready for callbacks, user input, or gpsd input.

> But the OP said he didn't have a main loop and suggested a thread to
> poll gpsd.  That suggestion makes sense to me.

I'll bet he does have a loop, he has to be waiting somewhere for
the thread to get back to him.  Adding another thread is just an
overcomplication.

Wherever he is sitting, waaiting for work, that is a loop.  Just poll
gpsd in there.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588