gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Initialization & probing questions

From: Kai Harrekilde-Petersen
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Initialization & probing questions
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 00:49:24 +0200

Hi Gary,

On 27-03-2018 22:56, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Send them to the list, that way they get archived and google indexed.  I
doubt there are active Venus users here, but it does goet used now and
then.
Roger that.
Just be sure the regression tests pass before uploading a patch.

Absolutely.

Humm. "./regress-driver test/daemon/passthrough.log" fails on a timeout after ~62 seconds due to what looks like no output. If I run the central part of the script by hand (gpsfake -s 38400 -1 -p test/daemon/passthrough.log) it returns what looks like to be correct output.

On the same machine, I have an unmodified clone of the official repo where the tests runs fine, so the error clearly is on my side. Any clues and pointers as to what "usually" causes this type of error is most appreciated.

Anyway, time for bed now.

Regards,

Kai