gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [Patch Submission] $GPVTG w/magnetic course

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [Patch Submission] $GPVTG w/magnetic course
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:59:23 -0700

Yo teyrana!

> > 3. Patch, v6
> > https://pastebin.com/uGG9jH30
>
> I applied your patch, locally, minuse the REPORT_IS, CLEAR_IS and
> MODE_SET.
>
> If did change the regressions a bit, but mostly in a good way.  4
> tests got better, one got worse.  Very close to acceptable.

I thought about this some more.  The only test that looked odd
was the test/daemon/navika-100-fix.log.  In that, gpsd is now
clearly reporting what the GPS said.  It is a rarely used GPS and
I can think of no way to further validate the seemingly invalid magnetic
track.  We just hve to pass on the odd data.

So I pushed your patch #3 with my modifications.  Now all we gotta
do is fine tune the reporting mask.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588