gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Build Error "stdatomic.h" Not Found; Ubuntu 14.04 +

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Build Error "stdatomic.h" Not Found; Ubuntu 14.04 + ARM Cortex A-15
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:49:55 -0700

Yo Gr!

On Tue, 03 Jul 2018 16:13:08 -0600
Gr Hudy <address@hidden> wrote:

> arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -o gpsclient-py_2_7_6_final_0.so -c
> -fno-strict- aliasing -fPIC -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes - DHAVE_SYS_TIMEPPS_H=1 -I/usr/include/python2.7
> gpsclient.cIn file included from gpsclient.c:12:0: compiler.h:71:27:
> fatal error: stdatomic.h: No such file or directory #include
> <stdatomic.h>

stdatomic.h is part of gcc, and required by C11.  You must have a copy.

> Earlier in the same invocation, scons reported that stdatomic.h WAS
> available:
> Checking if compiler supplies __STDC_NO_ATOMICS__... no
> Checking for C header file stdatomic.h... yes

So you do have stdatomic.h.  Where is that file?  Must be a gcc config
error.

Can you post the entire build file?

> Building the exact same gpsd-3.17 archive on my Ubuntu 16.04 X86-64
> machine builds flawlessly.

So why do you want to use old and crufty Ubuntu 14?

> I've tried building it on the Tegra with both GCC 6.4 and GCC 5.5
> (using update-alternatives) and get the same error.

Why do you want to use old gcc?

> Once it has failed, it won't build, but gets a different error (can't
> find pthreads).

Can't say anything about that, no details....

> Running scons -c followed by scons sconsclean doesn't
> clean things up: the build fails with completely different errors.

Yeah, known issue.  Best to just wipe the source tree and start over.

> fyi, I am writing a driver that reads GPS information from a TCP
> socket instead of a serial port;

Why?  gpsd already does that, several different ways.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588