gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Build Error "stdatomic.h" Not Found; Ubuntu 14.04 +

From: Gr Hudy
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Build Error "stdatomic.h" Not Found; Ubuntu 14.04 + ARM Cortex A-15
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 13:50:54 -0600

Thanks for the reply, Gary!

To answer a few of your questions in one swell foop, some choices are forced by
nVidia. The Tegra Jetson Tk1 has custom drivers for the nVidia hardware, and
nVidia does not support versions of Ubuntu later than 14.04 on this device.
Also, the version of GCC provided by nVidia is 4.8, which is required to build
some of the nVidia components. I installed GCC 6.4 because gpsd explicitly
calls gcc-6 (and g++-6) in the scons script. I only tried gcc-5 to see if it
would resolve the problem, but of course since scons explicitly calls gcc-6,
that was rather pointless on my part.

 It's possible that my issue is related to the default gcc-4.8 include
directories being used rather than the gcc-6 includes. I am looking into that
now.
UPDATE: Meh. It _was_ using cpp-4.8, and reading the 4.8 include directories. I
fixed that, and still get the same error when using the gcc-6 include
directories.

I have attached the output of scons as gpsd_scons.log . Also, I have included
more information than you probably want about the machine environment as
Jetson_Tk1_info.txt.

>> fyi, I am writing a driver that reads GPS information from a TCP
>> socket instead of a serial port;
>Why?  gpsd already does that, several different ways.
You're right. I posted before actually getting into the gpsd code proper, and
later discovered that capability. I will definitely take advantage of that.
Thanks for the tip!

With that in mind, I still have a bit of work to do; the INS we use is not
mainstream, and has a proprietary binary format I will need to massage into the
proper form. Then I will need to implement code in our existing INS server to
feed properly formatted messages to gpsd as a TCP device . No rest for the
wicked.

-Gr