gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RFE : add instrument data (wind, heading) to driver_nmea2

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RFE : add instrument data (wind, heading) to driver_nmea2000.c , pseudonmea.c
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 16:23:15 -0700

Yo Ken!

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 16:14:03 -0700
Ken Harris <address@hidden> wrote:

> It would be nice to have instrument data, such as wind, heading, etc
> in the NMEA2000 driver.

Patches welcome.  As you know, the NMEA 2000 specification is very
expensive, and basically unobtainable to mere mortals.  To code anything
we would need some vendor specific information on the data.

> I looked in driver_nmea2000.c and it looks like these PGNs have stubs,
> so add some code there and pseudonmea.c (or a new file).

So should be easy to add?

> I have some candump data (for a stationary boat, so good wind data,
> unchanging heading data and no "Speed Through water" ... though I
> could spin the paddle wheel to fake it) if that helps.  I might be
> able to get some candump data from a moving boat.

A dump file, with GPS and other data, is always welcome.  I can add it
to the regressions in case someone decides to add the required
sentence decodes.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588