gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Patch for proper separation of AIS type 6 messages

From: Sven Geggus
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Patch for proper separation of AIS type 6 messages
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 20:15:59 +0200

Gary E. Miller schrieb am Donnerstag, den 09. August um 19:56 Uhr:

> More interesting than a patch, can you provide a snippet of the stream
> that shows the problem?  Then we can verify the problem, verify the
> solution, and add the snippit to our regression tests so it stays fixed.

I probably can. But I don't know how to do this exactly. I did not bother
using NMEA output up till now, I just use json in my client:
?WATCH={"enable":true,"json":true,"scaled":true,"split24":true}

Maybee I can capture a huge NMEA dump and make shure in another client that
I did receive at least one package where my client side json parser failed.

aishub.net where I get my AIS data from should be the ultimate stress test
in this regard as they will send about 400 messages per second!

This is a crowdsourcing project where anybody providing AIS data will get a
complete stream from all the others doing so. Probably worth a try to get
access to their data for gpsd developement without providing a stream.

Regards

Sven

--
/* Fuck me gently with a chainsaw... */
(David S. Miller in /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace.c)

/me is address@hidden, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web