gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] writing commands to the gps

From: Felipe Gutierrez
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] writing commands to the gps
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:34:50 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I have a Module u-blox NEO 6M on my raspberry Pi B3. I think the driver it is using is the ubx [1] (I don't know how to reference the source code from [2]). My first guess was to look at the "write" functions, like ubx_write, gpsd_write.

but I don't know where is the sequence of messages to send to the serial port. Could you give some light on this?

I also don't know how to see the commands on the debug mode. I changed the gpsd initiation for Debug level 3 "gpsd -n /dev/serial0 -D3 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock", but where can I see the debug messages?

[1] https://github.com/biiont/gpsd/blob/master/driver_ubx.c
[2] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gpsd.git

Thanks,
Felipe