gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Set gps data in gpsd from client side or other driver

From: LaPenta, Jason - 0776 - MITLL
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Set gps data in gpsd from client side or other driver
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 14:51:04 +0000

Hello,

I have a device which includes a gps and sends gps data, as well as a lot of other data consumed by several applications, to my host over a single serial connection. Iā€™m also using pps directly connected to a GPIO pin. I would like to send the gps time-date etc to gpsd so gpsd, ntp, and pps can work their magic.

Is it possible to send the time-date info to gpsd from a client application? If so, how? If not, what are my options?

Thanks!