gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Fw: [gpsd-commit-watch] [SCM] GPSD branch, master, update

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Fw: [gpsd-commit-watch] [SCM] GPSD branch, master, updated. release-3.17-356-ga7dadab
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 18:54:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018, Gary E. Miller wrote:

Yo Fred!

I think you misunderstand my intention:

Nope.  See below.

"It would be best to fix xgps and xgpsspeed to avoid
those imports for options such as -V and -h:

They whole point of the -V and -h is to give scons an easy way to
verify that the module dependencies are satified!  Do not break it
again.

And I added another check that handles that. As noted, it includes the imports that fail if the prerequisites are missing, without including the imports that require an X11 connection.

Having "scons check" launch an X11 server and/or fail if DISPLAY isn't set appropriately is unacceptable. I'm sure Bernd's Travis checks would have failed as soon as you introduced that if they hadn't stopped updating two months ago.

This new check found a ton of bugs.

Quite likely so, but none that my better-behaved check wouldn't have found.

Fred Wright