gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] GPSD for AOSP

From: ABOU ZID Ahmed
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] GPSD for AOSP
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 12:42:39 +0200

Hello !

Ok so to be more clear :

I would like to use GPSD deamon to read on /dev/ttyUSBX (ttyUSBX represents my USB GPS)

Here it’s what I’m using for my own Android GPS HAL : https://github.com/kconger/android-serial-gps-driver

I would like to replace this code by a connection with GPSD deamon on TCP socket instead. In summary, I would like to abstract the device connection with GPSD.

I know that GPSD is forwarding GPSD data (latitude, longitude, bearing, timestamp etc...) to clients.

I don’t know if you understand correctly what I would like to do.

It’s very simple but just need GPSd running on Android that’s all.

For that I just need to adapt the makefile for Android. But yeah, as sconst is not that clear... I don’t understand which .c file are you compiling only for GPSD (deamon).

So if someone can help me doing that, it would be great!

Thanks,

Ahmed

Sent from Mail for Windows 10