gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Improving the gpsd documentation

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Improving the gpsd documentation
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 02:20:21 +0800

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:45 AM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
As a dev I slightly prefer XML.  XML has more tools to help the
developer.  Asciidoc is a bit eaaier to read, and modify, the raw file,
but is less flexible.

I think asciidoc, if used sparingly, is easier to read as plain text.  Reading Docbook markup is impossible, at least for me.

The main hurdle would be getting someone to do all the work of
conversion.  You want to create the patches to make it happen?

Sure.  My English is miles better than my C or python :-)  Will start one at a time, like the Linux docs moving to Rest.

While doing that, I have another suggestion: could we declutter the top directory, please?

--
Sanjeev