gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RoyalTek REB-5216 gnss module and some questions

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RoyalTek REB-5216 gnss module and some questions
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 12:16:05 -0800

Yo William!

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 14:54:42 +0100
William Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> REB-5216 SirfStarV module
> Anyhow, I have a RoyalTek REB-5216, and it does indeed work with gpsd.
> gpsd does not recognize what it is, but it is recognized as Sirf.
> (gpsmon, gpsctl) xgps does not work with it at all.

The first step is to send us a capture of the raw data from the GPS.

If gpsd is already connected, and on the correct port speed, then
a simple way to capture the raw data is:

        gpspipe -R -x 60 > sirfstarv.raw

Then send us that file.

> Building in Android:

You are in uncharted territory there.

Much more traditional to cross-compile for Android.

Be sure to tell us how it goes.  Send patches.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588