gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RoyalTek REB-5216 gnss module and some questions

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RoyalTek REB-5216 gnss module and some questions
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 15:38:41 -0800

Yo William!

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 23:15:21 +0100
William Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here is the dump from gpsd that you asked for.

The dump file is fine. gpsd decodes it as SiRF, with 5 messages repeated
every second:

gpsd:PROG: SiRF IV: unused TCXO Output 0x5d, SubID: 18
gpsd:PROG: SiRF: Unknown packet id 51 length 3
gpsd:PROG: SiRF: Unknown packet id 67 length 198
gpsd:PROG: SiRF: Unknown packet id 67 length 198
gpsd:PROG: SiRF: Unknown packet id 67 length 126

The TCXO message is undocumented data on the temperature controlled
oscillator. I found minimal doc on MID 51 (0x33).  MID 51 just denotes
cycle end, no other info.  The other 3 MID 67 messages (0x43) are
undocumented messages.

I looked on the Qualcomm website, and did a quick google, but can find
no documentation on MID 67.  All documentation on the Qualcomm site
requires a login, which I do not have.  Without doc there is nothing we
can do.

I'll add your capture file to the gpsd regression tests in case someone
does find the doc.

I'll keep looking, and you should to.

RGDS
GARY