gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Problem with PPS detection - using Centos 7 and gpsd dev-

From: Mick Durkin
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Problem with PPS detection - using Centos 7 and gpsd dev-3.19a
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 11:32:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Thanks to Hal and Gary for the prompt replies.

Here are the quick results of my tests as suggested by Gary in his last mail.

I ran "ld attach 18 /dev/ttyS0" and "ldattach 18 /dev/ttyPS0" which generated
two pps devices, /dev/pps0 and /dev/pps1.

I connected my gps to the ports in turn and ran ppscheck, ppstest and ppswatch
against each.

As expected, the Perle serial port failed to respond on the ppstest and
ppswatch tests.

I attach a log.

I will respond later when I have carried out the more extensive tests that Gary
recommended in his first reply.

BR

Mick Durkin