gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Problem with PPS detection - using Centos 7 and gpsd dev-

From: Mick Durkin
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Problem with PPS detection - using Centos 7 and gpsd dev-3.19a
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 20:25:04 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Gary,

I assume you meant that I should remove/comment out the "#include
<sys/timepps.h>" near the top of ppsthread.c? When I do that it blows up at
compile time with loads of errors to do with missing stuff that timepps.h must
provide. Not important now, as the fault is located.

On the precision thing, yes, I understand it is "notional". What I meant was
that seeing both different values means that gpsd is firing both NMEA and PPS
derived time info at NTP.

I will try to get Perle to accept the fault and fix it, but I'm not holding my
breath. I am currently digging through it and trying to see what is
wrong/missing.

Thanks for the help.

BR

Mick