gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Problem with PPS detection - using Centos 7 and gpsd dev-

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Problem with PPS detection - using Centos 7 and gpsd dev-3.19a
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 12:35:06 -0800

Yo Mick!

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 20:25:04 +0000 (UTC)
Mick Durkin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I assume you meant that I should remove/comment out the "#include
> <sys/timepps.h>" near the top of ppsthread.c?

Nope.  Not what I said, not what I meant.

This is what I meant:

    # rm /usr/include/sys/timeps.h

> When I do that it blows
> up at compile time with loads of errors to do with missing stuff that
> timepps.h must provide. Not important now, as the fault is located.

Yup.

> On the precision thing, yes, I understand it is "notional". What I
> meant was that seeing both different values means that gpsd is firing
> both NMEA and PPS derived time info at NTP.

Sort of.  Best to just look at the two values to see which is best.

ntpmon clearly shows the differences.

> I will try to get Perle to accept the fault and fix it, but I'm not
> holding my breath. I am currently digging through it and trying to
> see what is wrong/missing.

Good luck with that.  A scene that keeps getting repeated.  Feel free
to have them contact this list when they fail to understand.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588