gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Compiling gpsd to LLVM

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Compiling gpsd to LLVM
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 12:16:06 -0800

Yo Jiwon!

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 15:03:59 -0500
Jiwon Joung <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello is there any way to compile gpsd to LLVM?

Of course.  gpsd optionally uses the clang code analyzer to spot defects.

> Is the best way to first migrate to a makefile format and then use
> wllvm to generate LLVM?

gpsd does not use makefiles.

> Are there any makefiles that I can use?

Nope.

> Anyone have any experience with this?

Yes.  Some distros use llvm as their native compiler.  So if your native
compilier is llvm it should just work.  OTOH, if you are cross compiling
then that can be a bit of work...

You'll need llvm in your PATH, set your CC shell variable to the LLVM
compiler, and other stuff.

Give it a shot, keep notes and tell us how it works for you.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588