gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘SiRFstarV

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘SiRFstarV
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 10:47:44 -0800

Yo William!

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 07:05:48 +0100
William Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> xgps works if I switch the SirfStarV module to nmea mode, but not if I
> am running it in SiRF mode.

Odd.  I assume you used gpsctl to flip from binary to NME and back?

xgps is working fine for me in binary mode.

> I pushed a patch for gpsmon, because I am seeing 18-21 satellites and
> the visible list overflows
> into the border of the window with my SirfStarV module. I made the
> visible list bigger.

I'll look for it.  Some ublox 8 get almost 30 sats.  The u-blox 9
even more since it is L1 and L2.

> Another thing I noticed is that in the xpgs code, the code there shows
> that it tries to draw
> different shape satellites for the different constellations.

Yup, a much requested feature.

> I have
> not been able to observe
> this working. (also with U-blox)

Works for me.  What GPS models did you try?

> I have a Windows VM and tried the
> thing there, and it showed
> glonass and gps satellites were visible simultaneously.

But what software in the VM?  Did it reconfigure the GPS?

If you want, grab some raw captures "gpspipe -R -x 120" and send them to
me.

And confirm your gpsd, xgps, cgps versions for me.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588