gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] New fix logic breaks control commands

From: Fred Wright
Subject: [gpsd-dev] New fix logic breaks control commands
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

I've been fiddling with ubxtool some, and noticed a problem.  Scenario:

A u-Blox receiver with no antenna connected. So no fixes, but communication (USB) otherwise works.

If I do "./ubxtool -f <port> -p VER", it works.

If I do "gpsd -n <port>" and then "./ubxtool -p VER", it works. The installed gpsd is 3.18.1

If I do "./gpsd -n <port>" and then "./ubxtool -p VER", it gets no response. This is with the latest gpsd 3.19-dev.

I suspect that the rework related to fixes is keeping messages from getting through when there's no fix. Aside from control messages that have nothing to do with fixes, the receiver sometimes sends NAV messages even without a fix, and it doesn't make sense to hide them.

I can bisect if needed, but this is probably easily reproducible.

Fred Wright