gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] New fix logic breaks control commands

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] New fix logic breaks control commands
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 14:28:33 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been fiddling with ubxtool some, and noticed a problem.
> Scenario:

Odd, works for me.

> I suspect that the rework related to fixes is keeping messages from
> getting through when there's no fix.

The recent work is for NMEA, but we are talking u-blox binary here.

> Aside from control messages
> that have nothing to do with fixes, the receiver sometimes sends NAV
> messages even without a fix, and it doesn't make sense to hide them.

the recent changes are to send more JSON, not less.  Can you pinpoint
anything to change?

> I can bisect if needed, but this is probably easily reproducible.

I can't reproduce...  Anything else needed to show your issue?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588