gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘GPS roll over and regressions

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘GPS roll over and regressions
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 22:40:42 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> Yo All!
>
> After three days, I have to agree with Eric on just rebuilding the
> regressions.

It was ever fated to be thus.

I thought ahead to the next rollover back in 2009 and confronted the
fact then that there is no amount ot cleverness from GPSD that would
hack around the bad data we'd get after the wraparound.

The best we could hope for is not to allow any attempted compensations
to get in the way of good devices still delivering good data.  That
we seem to have achieved.