gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RFC: GPSd on Android as a system service

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RFC: GPSd on Android as a system service
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 14:15:55 -0700

Yo A.S.!

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 08:53:45 -0400
"A.S." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here is the patch. I've added a README as you requested.
> https://gitlab.com/snippets/1850414

Thanks. Looking good.  Applied and pushed.  There were issues with the
patches, mostly fixed now.

    # git am -s /tmp/0001-Android-build-client-libraries-for-AOSP.patch
    Applying: Android: build client libraries for AOSP
    .git/rebase-apply/patch:149: trailing whitespace.
    or
    .git/rebase-apply/patch:196: new blank line at EOF.
    +
    .git/rebase-apply/patch:215: new blank line at EOF.
    +
    .git/rebase-apply/patch:412: new blank line at EOF.
    +
    warning: 4 lines add whitespace errors.

Also some over long lines, and the patch did not apply totally cleanly.

I confused on your gitignore changes:

    +!android/gps_maskdump.c
    +!android/gpsd_config.h

Why do the need to be un-ignored?  I just removed them, all seems well.

C++ comments in a C file:

    +    //FILE *fp = fopen("/data/bin/gpslog", "a+");
    +    //gps_enable_debug(3, fp);

Yes, some compilers complain about that.

Missing SPDX:

    * This file is Copyright (c) 2019 by the GPSD project
    * SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-2-clause

android/packet_names.h will break sooner rather than later.  There needs
to be a procedure to recreate that as needed.

Needs a real revision:

    android/revision.h @@ -0,0 +1 @@

    +#define REVISION "android-no-rev"

Let me know how it works for you.