gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Best way to avoid systemd woes for NTP?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Best way to avoid systemd woes for NTP?
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 20:06:43 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Step 3a) systemd starts gpsd.
>>
>> Because of some hotplug stuff?  So systemed starts gpsd on either a
>> hotplug insert, or on a connection to 2947?
>
> No, because you use -n and have systemd start gpsd on insert.

I meant: when this is set up without -n, and without changing systemd
config files.  So that it works as OS default:

  on boot, systemd listens on 2947, no gpsd

  usb gps mouse inserted : ???

  user runs xgps - systemd starts gpsd and hands it the socket

> I assume when you understand it, you'll document it for your HAM
> friends.  Please also send that to us.

More or less, yes.  My immediate goal is one reliable setup for Field
Day.