gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Repo and web pages have been re-homed

From: Titouan Christophe
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Repo and web pages have been re-homed
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 17:58:37 +0200

Hi everybody,

About the official releases tarball download page, does that one remain on Savannah ? (http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gpsd/)

Regards,

Titouan CHRISTOPHE

On 5/31/19 1:54 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Moving the project has gone well enough that what was going to be the
dry run a day early has turned into the beginning and most important
part of the actual move.

The repository is now at address@hidden:gpsd/gpsd.git and if you jad
direct access you should adjust your origin or re-clone from there.
However, now that we're on GitLab it will be better practice to
use GitLab clones and ship MRs in the normal way.

The project web pages now reside at https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/
and will be regenerated automatically whenever changes to their
sources are pushed.  This takes me out of the update loop; for
hysterical raisins they used to live on my personal website at
ibiblio.org and I had to update them by hand.

Things still to be done:

* A redirect from the old website location at http://catb.org/gpsd/
   to the GitLab pages.
* The Savannah Git repository will be decommissioned.

* The CGI for submitting field reports about GPSes lives on a machine
   in my basement because ibiblio blocked outbound port 25.  We might
   be able to move it to GitLab.
* Tracker issue migration from Savannah. That's a rather thorny
   problem.

The only essential part of the project that still lives on Savannah
is the mailing lists, including this one.