gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Warnings from 32 bit FreeBSD

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Warnings from 32 bit FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 20:51:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 23:20:23 -0700
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

plus lots of
gpsd_json.c:150:11: warning: implicitly declaring library function
'strlcpy' with type 'unsigned int (char *, const char *, unsigned
int)' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] and friends

I found the FreeBSD string.h here:

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/include/string.h

That shows __BSD_VISIBLE needs to be defined.  Of course not in the
man page.

Can you try that before I make a bunch of changes to define that?

It's not in the man page because it's controlled by *other* includes, based on *other* config flags. The general rule is that all double-underscore-prefixed flags are for the includes' internal use and should not be directly set by user code.

I'd already spent considerable time investigating this (leveraging the fact that I have three BSDs, three Linuces, and 9 OSXes to test against), but it looks like it's become too much of a moving target to continue.

Fred Wright