gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] ✘CentOS 8.1

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: [gpsd-dev] ✘CentOS 8.1
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 20:52:25 -0700

Yo All!

I found a CentOS 8.1 vdi image.  The latest and greatest CentOS is using
linux kernel 3.10!  That is no longer supported!

Maybe this is a good test for gpsd running on ancient, and really slow,
code...

Now I am stuck.

I got this far:

# yum install git
# git clone https://gitlab.com/gpsd/gpsd.git

Now I am totally lost.  How to install scons?

# yum install scons
No package scons available

I'll add this to the INSTALL file if I get a working recipe.

Could be worse, I tried, and failed, to install NetBSD.  No wonder
I could not find any vdi images for NetBSD...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588