gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘CentOS 8.1

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘CentOS 8.1
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 08:49:37 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 23:21:00 -0700
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> > How do I install scons?
>
> https://scons.org/pages/download.html
> Windows Installer, Source RPM, and Redhat RPM have been obsoleted.
> Please use pip install.

Matt Selsky gave me the clue I needed.  Thanks Matt!

The trick is to install the "epel" package group.  Then simply "yum
install scons".

Of course, like the rest of RHEL and CentOS, that scons had some
interesting bugs...

I put the procedure in the INSTALL file.

Now that IBM bought RHEL maybe it can die a quick and merciful death of
old age.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588