gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] How to access two identical USB GPS plugged into one Raspeber

From: Benoit Lechardoy
Subject: [gpsd-dev] How to access two identical USB GPS plugged into one Raspeberry pi ?
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 15:15:45 +0200

I have two identical devices plugged in : they are seen as :
/dev/ttyACM0
/dev/ttyACM1

I would like to access both via GPSD to log positions and make statistics about precision of both modules (antennas are set very close).

From now, I know that those two modules communicate with the Pi :
sudo cat ttyACM0 | grep -m 1 "GPGLL" return a NMEA position
sudo cat ttyACM0 | grep -m 1 "GPGLL" return a NMEA position

GPSD can only read the second one (ttyACM1) and I don't know how to configure it to access both, ideally via Python.

/etc/default/gpsd configuration :

START_DAEMON="true"
USBAUTO="false"
DEVICES="/dev/ttyACM0"