gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] How to access two identical USB GPS plugged into one Rasp

From: Joshua Judson Rosen
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] How to access two identical USB GPS plugged into one Raspeberry pi ?
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:48:17 -0400

On 6/18/19 12:04 PM, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
Hi,

Please try the line

DEVICES="/dev/ttyACM0   /dev/ttyACM1"

Also: since it sounds like you probably need to be able to reliably
identify which device is which...:

You might find the aliases in /dev/serial/by-id to be more useful,
(IIRC there are provisions for USB representing device serial-numbers in those
device-names,
 but plenty of USB devices don't actually implement unique serial numbers...).

Alternately, if your devices don't have unique serial-numbers,
you may find the aliases in /dev/serial/by-path more useful.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 9:36 PM Benoit Lechardoy <address@hidden