gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Warnings from 32 bit FreeBSD

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Warnings from 32 bit FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 23:56:11 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 23:17:16 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> scons knows about gtar.  I just pushed a fix that should work.
> >
> > So I have to put TAR=gtar in the environment, which isn't a big deal
> > (but is a regression from auto* :-).  That made
> > gpsd-3.19-dev.tar.gz.
>
> When I ran afoul of this, I didn't see anything in SConstruct that
> would honor a TAR environment variable.

Yeah, surprised me when I found it.  scons tests whether you have tar or
gtar installed, and sets $TAR, and more, accordingly.

> Avoiding the need for the GNU-specific --transform would be nice, but
> not trivial.

There is really no need for "scons dist" to be run more than once, on
just one OS, for every release.  So not high on my list.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588