gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] featuretest macros

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] featuretest macros
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 15:45:44 -0700

address@hidden said:
> Definitely; I don't really think we can get rid of them.  But as an example,
> defining _XOPEN_SOURCE to something and then defining _NETBSD_SOURCE is
> basically a noop, at least on NetBSD.   So if we can prune, that would be
> good.

It might be interesting to start with none, see how well that works, and then
add specific tweaks for older OS/distros and document which OS/distro/version
so they can be retired when GPSD drops support for that version.

Eric: This sounds like the sort of thing that you would write a good blog page
on.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.