gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd rolls back to 1999

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd rolls back to 1999
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 23:09:43 -0700

> If it was just the year, the fix might be easy, but there needs to be some
> fancy date math too.  Not gonna happen for 3.19.

The fix is pretty simple if you convert to POSIX time.  Just add a magic
constant for 1024 weeks.

> As a stratum 1 server, gpsd has to trust the GPS.  I guess we could just
> reject any date before the compile date, except that breaks the regressions.

Rejecting obviously bogus data seems like a good idea.

You could add a run time switch to disable that for the regression testing.
Or you could just let the fix apply and grab the new log files as they roll
over.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.