gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] GPSd on FreeBSD

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] GPSd on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 13:33:59 -0700

Yo Daniel!

On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 17:14:12 +0930
"O'Connor, Daniel" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > On 10 Sep 2019, at 16:30, O'Connor, Daniel <address@hidden>
> > wrote: I understand what I want it to do, but I don't understand
> > the internals of GPSd - I am trying to work it out but it's slow
> > going.
>
> I just realised that ppsthread.c isn't really a driver per se, but
> something used by other drivers.

Yup.

> I also see the MAGIC_HAT_ENABLE kludge - I ran sons like:
> scons debug=true magic_hat=true

Yes, kudlge.  For one purpose; 1st time Raspberry Pi users that can't
figure out how to use the command line.

I'm not about to extend the kludge, I want to kill it off.  Just put
"/dev/pps0" on your gpsd command line.

> gpsd:INFO: KPPS:/dev/pps0 kernel PPS timeout Operation timed out
>
> So, closer but still not there.

A dead end.  On linux gpsd knows to create and check /dev/pps0.  That is
the code path that needs to be fixed.  Or the code path from the command
line.

I remember there was some commands to run before gpsd that fixed a simila9r
issue on some gpsd's.  Someone needs to check the email archives.

> Full log at: http://www.dons.net.au/~darius/gpsd-2.log

No PPS at all in that log.  So not relevant to our PPS discussion.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588