gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘Change FIXED_PORT_SPEED and FIXED_STOP_BITS

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘Change FIXED_PORT_SPEED and FIXED_STOP_BITS
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:44:09 -0700

Yo Michael!

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 20:27:57 +0100
"Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. MIET" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Where [speed] is the port speed, and [char] is bits/parity/stop
> > (default 8N1).
>
> Gary, not sure how '-t' and '-T' relate to port baudrate and framing?

I can't figure out how it relates either.  :-)

But best I could come up with.

> I cannot remember which opts gpsd already has, but:

"man gpsd" or "gpsd -h"

>  ______ -b | --baudrate

-b = bluetooth-safe: open data sources read-only

>  ______ -s | --speed <300|600|1200|2400|9600|19200|38400|57600|115200>

-s could work.

>  ______ -f | --framing <7E1|7O1|8N1|8N2...>

Also good.

> While you have the hood up any chance we can add a switch:
>
>  ______ -a | --ant-fault <1|0>
>
> to set a global for enabling antenna fault monitoring?__ We'll
> contribute some code for Ublox 7/8/9 receivers just as soon as we
> have it debugged.

-a would work, easy to add, but no point until there is code to use it.

> You might also consider a:
>
>  ______ -j | --jamming <1|0>

If we add single char options for receiver options then we run out of
letters well before we are done.  The ZED-F9P has almost one thousand
unique options!  Leave that to ubxtool and zerk where the options are
already working.

As for the "jamming" thing, why would anyone ever turn it off??

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588