gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 10:33:54 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:
On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 17:48:26 -0800 (PST)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

2) The rename of the altitude field has an interoperability issue
with other GPSD versions.  The client and server can be on
different machines, and not necessarily the same version.  At
least one direction should be fixable with a bit of fallback code.

I restored "alr"/"altitude" and marked it deprecated and undefined.

I'm not sure that alone is enough to fix it, but I'll try it when I
get a chance.

I restored what I took out, so it has all the bugs that it had before.

That's not sufficient.  More on this later.