gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Paul Fertser
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:05:51 +0300

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 10:41:09AM -0800, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 06:00:40PM -0800, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > > Could be.  AFAIK, only some Power CPUs have big-endian modes.  They
> > > should die...
> >
> > Many popular SOHO routers/APs are using MIPS BE SoCs (e.g. all
> > Atheros/QCA devices) and people run gpsd on them with OpenWrt.
>
> Yes, but I believe they all run in little-endian mode.  Power can run

Mediatek-based devices run in LE [0], Atheros/QCA in BE [1] (notice
mipsel vs. mips). There's also Lantiq which is also BE [2] and is
basically the only supported architecture with xDSL drivers. Broadcom
is BE too (but they suck).

So yes, there's plenty of BE machines in real world use. I'm sure
you'll see many familiar make/models on [3].

[0]
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/ramips/Makefile;h=887b5909e4615afe7a43ef0f46dfc1496ed78add;hb=HEAD#l9
[1]
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/ath79/Makefile;h=cfdf8c87e5317aa5354f06c76cfaa31cded124a5;hb=HEAD#l3