gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 14:04:51 -0800

Yo Fred!

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 01:02:40 -0800 (PST)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you have MacPorts installed, just install the qt4-mac port.

Qt4 is long dead.  Not gonna do it.

> > Could be.  AFAIK, only some Power CPUs have big-endian modes.  They
> > should die...
>
> All POWER and PowerPC processors are natively big-endian.

Uh, no:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC#Endian_modes

Selectable.  Sometimes on a per page level.

> > If you could do this, and send the results that would help a lot:
> >
> >  # ./regress-driver test/daemon/garmin18x-bin.log
>
> I'll look into it myself first, since I can actually reproduce it
> here.

The sooner the better.  This is close to the last issue before release.

> One thing that isn't strictly a regression, but has been rearing its
> ugly head lately, is that crock where it thinks it needs to build the
> Python extensions with the exact same C compiler as was used for
> Python itself.

Sadly that is the world we live in today.  I run into this constantly
on Gentoo unstable that loves to update the compilers frequently.

> I'd like to try to fix that before the release.

The world would appreciate that, but not a gpsd issue.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588