gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 17:46:34 -0800

Yo All!

Pending confirmation, I think all the release blockers may be resolved.

The many new (old) garmin regressions should be good now.

INSTALL.adoc looks better.

Most targets have been tested.  No word on the android port.  The
osX port has long standing unresolved Qt5 issues and no one to fix them.

Dunno why we maintain the Qt stuff without anyone that seems to care...

Some long standing random errors in the regressions remain.  Maybe
an issue with gpsfake.  But no matching reports of real failures.

There is the issue of duplicated PPS in the JSON with a Python client.
Unable to duplicate or narrow that down.  Duplicates are nothing new to
gpsd.

There is a new issue 44 about IPv6 literals not working on the gpsd
command line.  Unless there is a real quick fix that will wait until
after the release.

Anything else?

Please test, and provide comments on the NEWS file.

Now is the time to raise show stoppers.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588