gpsd-dev

Re: b32ff1a86 Breaks OSX and FreeBSD

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: b32ff1a86 Breaks OSX and FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 10:57:44 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, Greg Troxel wrote:

The problem is that checkCompile is being asked to compile a program
that uses time_t, without sys/time.h having been included.  This is
called from checkSizeOf, which seems to take a type without also taking
a list of headers needed to define that type.

specification for time_t use:
 https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/sys_time.h.html

I just pushed a workaround to checkSizeOf.

Thanks. The usual build now works again on all the platforms I normally test on (see some of my recent commit messages), except that I can't test on OSX 10.14 or 10.15 without rebooting into them, which I don't plan to do until final testing after we stop breaking things.

It's not clear to me why that code even worked on Linux, since system-related definitions aren't supposed to be available without the proper includes.

Fred Wright