gpsd-dev

testing status

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: testing status
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 14:13:57 -0500

With forcing off gpsmm and qt, tests passed.

I patched vesion from 3.19.1~dev to 3.19.90 (old-school autoconf for 1st
beta, avoiding figuring out if ~ in versions is trouble), and built a
pkgsrc package from that (which will *not* be distributed, just testing
the whole path).  That need minor adjustments in the set of installed
files, all appearing fine.

I ran the new gpsd, and got the following.  I think this is new, but I
didn't see anything about shm in NEWS, and I'm not really sure if it
happened before or not.   I wonder if IPC_CREAT should be specified
here, but I haven't looked at the sources here.

gpsd:ERROR: shmget(0x47505344, 24024, 0666) for SHM export failed: Invalid
argument

xgps works (ublox M8030 gps mouse).

gpspipe seems fine.

gpsprof (100 samples) works fine.  A nit is placement of the RCC 266-01
labels, but it seems improved from 3.19.

I am seeing non-PPS time apparently fine in ntpd.

So modulo gpsmss/qt building with libraries not in /usr, and perhaps the
above shmget error message, things seem fine.