gpsd-dev

Re: new challenges in scons cleaning, things basically ok

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: new challenges in scons cleaning, things basically ok
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 08:44:50 -0800

>> Why can't scons delete it?  It knows what to delete.
> scons can delete .xsongign.*dblite, but then the last thing scons does before
> exit, is save that file.

>> It can exit or crash if there are more arguments.

> Lost me.

What I was trying to suggest is that if it does something like write the file
out on exit, scons could do something to avoid that.  Maybe set a global flag.
 Or simply crash in such a way that it exits without running that sort of
cleanup stuff.

Or maybe clean should reach over to the data base stuff and clean that out so
that when it gets written out it is ready to be used with a fresh clone.

-------

I like the suggestion of gpsd maintaining a script that does whatever is
necessary to clean things up.

That script can't delete anything it doesn't know about.  I'm likely to have
scripts there.  So it has to know about the stuff it creates.  It also has to
work from a tarball rather than depend on git.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.