gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 21:14:53 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:
On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 20:20:14 -0800 (PST)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

Care to explain what you found?

The introduction of gnssid should have been an opportunity to clean
up the whole PRN mess and actually report correct official PRNs (with
"slots" playing the PRN role in the GLONASS case).

gpsd reports "correct official PRNs" as defined by NMEA 4.x

I'll defer further argument on this point until after the release.

It's an old bug, where some computed error values only get set once
and never changed, due to the way gpsd_error_model() and
gps_merge_fix() interact.

If anything gps_model() runs too often, not too little.  IMHO it should only
run once before every JSON TPV or SKY output, not on every received
packet as it does now.

In this case, it's not about when it runs; it's about what it does when it does run.

Speaking of running too much, I notice that some of the ublox tests show pairs of TPVs for each fix, probably due to multiple different UBX-NAV-xxx messages being present.