gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 21:17:21 -0500

Kai Harrekilde-Petersen <address@hidden> writes:

> That the US is still using British Imperial Units is comical,
> considering that you guys actually fought a war to get out of the
> British Empire.

My town's Minutemen marched to Concord; it's 10 miles.  (See, I'm happy
to use ffu when it's traditional.)   But as Gary said, it wasn't about
units.

As an interesting point, the US uses "US customary units" which
apparently is what England used before the early 1800s, and is different
from "imperial units".  Our pints have 16 oz, not 20 oz, and the pint
glasses are a different shape.  And our beer is better :-)