gpsd-dev

Re: Re: ✘Templating

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: Re: ✘Templating
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 10:28:35 -0800

> I don't need warning messages, I need to save build time :)

I think there are 2 issues.  One: does it build the stuff that won't run if it
gets installed (because run time dependencies aren't installed).  Two: if it
builds stuff that won't run, should it install that stuff.

I'm happy to build useless stuff as long as it doesn't take much time.  Or at
least happier than installing cruft that won't work.  (That's the sort of hack
that comes back to bite somebody who didn't see/remember this discussion
unless there is a good comment in the code.)

What do you mean by "install"?  Are you installing into the normal system
locations or into a side directory so you can make a tarball?

I won't complain about installing cruft in a side directory.

-----

Just curious.  Why does it take so long to install the dependencies?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.